- Brand + demand — inbound + outbound marketing — should work together.
- Sound strategy + tactical proficiency are incomplete without creative excellence.
- Content and copy should contain minimal jargon: Confusing people is the opposite of sophistication.
- Lead with “why.” Your competitors sell things, too. Why are your things different? Why do you do what you do?
- Inspire and covert. Marketing should evoke an emotional response and not be boring. B2B, B2C, doesn’t matter. We’re all human.*
- Focus! Marketing everything to everybody = marketing nothing to no one. Bullet-point marketing is akin to throwing up on customers.**
* If you market to robots, ignore Belief No. 5.
** Don’t throw up on customers.